Friday, August 26, 2016
Twenty-five things about me you probably didn't know:
1. I drive a silver 2001 Honda Accord. Yes, I've had it that long.
2. Because I'm pretty much a tightwad.
3. I married my high school sweetheart thirty-nine years ago.
4. I have two grown kids, both out of the nest.
5. I used to be a cat person; now I love dogs.
6. Since the kids moved out, I've pretty much become the tech-support gal in the house. I find this amusing, since I'm basically techno-challenged. Thank goodness for Google. Shhh . . .
7. I enjoy making homemade jams and jellies.
8. Georgette Heyer is my favorite all-time author. I read my first GH book when I was fifteen and love all things Regency.
9. I attended Catholic school.
10. I love old movies, especially the romantic comedies of the fifties and sixties.
11. I tend to see the good in people and situations. Just call me Pollyanna-marie.
12. I also tend to see both sides of an argument or discussion. Not always a good thing.
13. I don't drink alcohol except for the occasional frozen daiquiri. Not that I'm against drinking, but it's just not me.
14. I'm a dedicated tea drinker. I'm not particularly fond of coffee, although I love how it smells.
15. I'm the quiet shy type in most social situations. I'd much rather stay home and read a good book than go to a party.
16. This probably explains the fact that I tend to lurk on forums. But I love live chats; go figure.
17. I love antiques. Almost every piece of furniture in the house has an interesting (or not so interesting) story: the sofa is from Salvation Army; that chair was bought at a garage sale; I got that lamp in the library silent auction, etc.
18. I love vintage Tupperware and Corning Ware.
19. But I'm not crazy about cooking. I'm a pretty good cook, but only do it because we have to eat.
20. Which leads to: I really really enjoy eating out.
21. I'm the oldest of three children. Family is important to me.
22. I prefer Apple products over the other kind. I have an iMac, iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
23. When I get excited, I tend to talk loud.
24. I love humming birds.
25. My lucky number is 13.
Anne Marie :)