Thursday, January 01, 2015

Happy New Year!!! 2015!!!



It's hard for me to believe it's 2015. Looking back, I wonder where 2014 disappeared to. It was a difficult year for me. I lost my mother last February. She was my friend, my mentor, my critique partner and cheerleader. Yes, well . . . life marches on.

This year instead of going back and looking at what I didn't get done on last year's list, I'm going to just list the things I did achieve. No need to start the New Year on a negative note. Going forward with a positive attitude is one of my resolutions.

So here we go:
  •  I tweaked and published five novels in The Diamondback Ranch Sweeter Series.
  • I wrote and published two short stories/novelettes in my Anna St. James' Brides of Cactus Gap Series.
  • I published a novella under another pen name.
  • I attended the RWA National Conference in San Antonio in July.
  • Revamped my website.
  • Hosted two BIAM Writathons.
  • I organized MASTER FILES for all my books so I can now locate any book file speedily and easily. 
  • I updated front and back matter in each file, included cover jpgs, blurbs and excerpts. I then updated each book on each platform on which I sell my books: Amazon Kindle, B&N Nook, Apple iBooks, Smashwords, Google Play and Kobo
  • I revamped some of my covers.
  • I rebranded my Regency Romances. 
  • I released all of my novels into print (POD).
  • I released one boxed set.
  • My first German translation, Der Doktor trägt einen Cowboyhut, went live in July.
  • And I finished writing Kelsey and Pete's story just a few days ago. Yay, me!!!
All and all, it was a good year. I didn't write as many new words as I would have liked, but what's done is done. Moving forward, right? This next year, I want to have more fun with my writing, alleviate most of the stress I've been feeling, and just live my dream of writing and publishing and sharing my stories with the world, and not worry so much.

Here's what I would like to achieve in 2015:
  • Write 6-10 short stories/novelettes in the Brides of Cactus Gap Series.
  • Write Marco Defalco's story in the Return to Stone Creek Series.
  • Study and improve my craft by listening to RWA Writing workshops and taking a few online courses.
  • Figure out and participate in the various Affiliate Programs out there.
  • Cut down on wasting time on the computer and social media.
  • Use my time more efficiently.
  • Walk on my treadmill every day.
  • Eat more healthfully.
Well, that's it. I'm in my fifth year of Indie Publishing, and it's been awesome. There will be challenges in the coming months and years, but it's still a great time to be a writer!!!

Happy New Year!!!

Anne Marie   :)


2 comments:

Eileen McCall said...

AnneMarie, I have read your Diamondback Ranch and Return to Stone Creek series and love them. In fact, I have a 50+ minute drive each way to work and yours were the FIRST audiobooks I got! Have listened to them multiple times. Been checking for Pete and Kelsey's story and now know to watch for Marco's story too. Keep at it lady! Love your work. Oh, and your 'resolutions' are some I should adopt...LOL! Looking forward to the release of your Kelsey's story. And, after watching her childern find happiness (and some even second chances) maybe Ruth should find some love.

Anne Marie Novark said...

Eileen, thank you for posting. It makes me so happy that my stories are some of your favorites. This really made my day. Happy Reading!!!