Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Rest in Peace, Mother . . .


My mother passed away on February 17th. My brother, sister, daughter and I were at her bedside. She'd had a pretty rough five months since the emergency surgery back in September. She's not suffering any longer, and that's comforting to know.

But that comfort doesn't take away my pain. I'm trying to adjust to my new normal. A world without my mother. A world without BK Reeves.

My mother was published by Walker and Avon back in the nineties. Writing was her passion. She lived and breathed writing. She loved being an author. And she loved teaching the craft of writing. She had many students throughout the years, and she could always remember the plots of each of their stories. It was truly amazing.

I like to think she's gone to that big Writers' Retreat in the Sky where she can talk shop, teach and mentor, and her fingers can once again fly over the keyboard creating stories for all to read.

She touched a lot of lives in a good way. She was the best mother in the world. My friend. My teacher. My mentor. I loved her dearly. She will be greatly missed.

AM   :)

4 comments:

MJFredrick said...

Big hugs, Anne Marie. What a legacy she left you!

Judy Nickles/Gwyneth Greer said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Anne Marie! How lovely that the two of you shared your love of writing. I have no doubt she will be rejoicing in your successes in the years to come. Hugs.

Anne Marie Novark said...

Thank you, MJ.

Anne Marie Novark said...

Thanks, Judy. Mother was my biggest fan.