Monday, April 23, 2012
Where in the world has the time gone? We're in the last week of April Madness 2012, and I'm nowhere near where I wanted to be by this time. Sigh. Although, I have trudged through almost all of the wordage I had already written (and deleted) and salvaged some of it by tweaking and editing. So, I plan to make the most of this last BIAM week. Really, I do! Here's hoping I can get some serious writing done.
Here are my goals:
* Research more about plane crashes and injuries.
* Write 5-6 thousand new words on this Tyler book.
* Continue searching for cover photo.
* Choose a title.
* Continue editing my Mom's book THUNDERMOON.
Okay, that should keep me busy.
Anne Marie :)
Monday, April 16, 2012
Can you believe it??? I'm still in shock! I was aware the auspicious milestone loomed over the horizon, and I was hoping against hope I would hit it by August in time for my two-year anniversary as an Indie Author. It came four months early, and I'm not complaining. Yesterday, when I tallied up the numbers and saw the total was a little over the 100k mark--Wow! What a truly awesome writerly moment!!!
OMG!!! Over 100, 000 people have bought my books. And many many of them have actually read them and enjoyed them. I know because they write and tell me so.
My heart is bursting with happiness and gratitude.
Wow!!! Just WOW!!!
Thank you to all of my wonderful readers who've fallen in love with my heroes and who root for my heroines. It doesn't get much better than this for a writer. At least for me, it doesn't.
So let's compare this time last year to now:
* Last year, on the very same weekend in April, I hit the ten-thousand mark. Isn't that wild?
* Last year, my Regencies took off and had a fabulous run of sales. This year, it's my Cowboy Romances.
* Last year at this time, I hadn't received any fan mail. This year, I'm lucky enough to hear from happy readers on a regular basis. A letter from a reader never fails to brighten my day.
* Last year at this time, I had six titles up. This year, I have sixteen. (And of course, I plan to write and publish more.)
* Last year, my Amazon sales vastly outnumbered my B&N numbers. This year, the opposite is true.
* Last year, most of my titles were $0.99. This year, I have more at the $2.99 price point.
* Last year, I gave away 500 free books during Smashwords' Promotional Events. This year, the number has grown to 2000 +.
* Last year, I hit the Bestseller lists only on Amazon. This year, my books hit all three Bestseller lists--Amazon, Apple and B&N.
* Last year, I was ecstatically happy with my sales and with making the decision to go 100% Indie. This year, I STILL AM!!! Even more so!!!
My self-publishing adventures just keep getting better and better. It's a GREAT time to be a writer!!!
Happy Reading and Writing!!!
Anne Marie :)
Monday, April 02, 2012
It's a rainy Monday here on the Gulf Coast, but I'm not letting it get me down. April Madness 2012 is well underway. Lots of writing going on, and that's a good thing. It's not too late to join my BIAM. If you need a swift kick in the rear to get back on the writing wagon, shoot me an email so you can join the loop.
Here are my writing goals for the week:
* Trudge through the 20k words I've written on Tyler's book to get it up to speed with the new motivations and "issues."
* Try to keep up with the BIAMers on the loop.
* Keep looking for a cover picture for Tyler's book.
* Work on getting my mom's rights reverted.
Let's make this week a productive one!!!