Monday, April 16, 2012
One Hundred Thousand Ebooks Sold and Counting!!!
Can you believe it??? I'm still in shock! I was aware the auspicious milestone loomed over the horizon, and I was hoping against hope I would hit it by August in time for my two-year anniversary as an Indie Author. It came four months early, and I'm not complaining. Yesterday, when I tallied up the numbers and saw the total was a little over the 100k mark--Wow! What a truly awesome writerly moment!!!
OMG!!! Over 100, 000 people have bought my books. And many many of them have actually read them and enjoyed them. I know because they write and tell me so.
My heart is bursting with happiness and gratitude.
Wow!!! Just WOW!!!
Thank you to all of my wonderful readers who've fallen in love with my heroes and who root for my heroines. It doesn't get much better than this for a writer. At least for me, it doesn't.
So let's compare this time last year to now:
* Last year, on the very same weekend in April, I hit the ten-thousand mark. Isn't that wild?
* Last year, my Regencies took off and had a fabulous run of sales. This year, it's my Cowboy Romances.
* Last year at this time, I hadn't received any fan mail. This year, I'm lucky enough to hear from happy readers on a regular basis. A letter from a reader never fails to brighten my day.
* Last year at this time, I had six titles up. This year, I have sixteen. (And of course, I plan to write and publish more.)
* Last year, my Amazon sales vastly outnumbered my B&N numbers. This year, the opposite is true.
* Last year, most of my titles were $0.99. This year, I have more at the $2.99 price point.
* Last year, I gave away 500 free books during Smashwords' Promotional Events. This year, the number has grown to 2000 +.
* Last year, I hit the Bestseller lists only on Amazon. This year, my books hit all three Bestseller lists--Amazon, Apple and B&N.
* Last year, I was ecstatically happy with my sales and with making the decision to go 100% Indie. This year, I STILL AM!!! Even more so!!!
My self-publishing adventures just keep getting better and better. It's a GREAT time to be a writer!!!
Happy Reading and Writing!!!
Anne Marie :)
Posted by Anne Marie Novark at 1:26 PM