Wow!!! 2012!!! Can you believe? If 2011 is anything to judge the publishing and writing industry by, 2012 promises to be that much and more. We're in the midst of a revolution and evolution, and change for some is hard to comprehend and hard to swallow. But for others, change is something to hitch a ride on and embrace whole-heartedly. And what a ride it's been!!!
Looking back at my 2011 goals, it seems I missed a couple, but surpassed the others:
1. Get back into the daily writing habit.
This is something that still needs work.
2. Tweak and publish three novels.
Actually, I tweaked and published five novels and one novella.
3. Write and finish two novellas and publish.
I wrote one novella and four short stories.
4. Blog more.
Still need to work on this one.
In addition, I hosted my two annual writathons (April Madness and October Obsession) and gave two workshops, plus helped several writers to self-publish their stuff.
It's been a busy year. All together, I published twelve products ranging from short stories, novels, novellas and an anthology. So all together, I now have fifteen products for sale on many different sites.
And as incredible as it sounds, I sold over 60,000 books this past year. Considering I was hoping to reach the 100 total sales mark last December (2010), the amount of books I've sold is mind-boggling.
Here are my 2012 Writing Goals:
1. Work on my output and daily writing pages.
2. Finish my Regency novella and publish by February 14th.
3. Start and finish Tyler McCade's story in my Diamondback Ranch Series and publish.
4. Write four short stories and publish individually and in a bundle.
5. Upgrade all my novel and novella covers.
6. Upload all my novels and novellas on ARe.
7. Investigate other platforms and sites on which to sell my ebooks.
8. Blog more. *grin*
Here's wishing everyone a safe and Happy New Year!!!
Happy Writing and Reading!!!