Monday, November 07, 2011

BICHOK Monday



With the time change over the weekend, I'm up bright and early this Monday morning, raring to go. During October Obsession, I promised I would reinstate BICHOK Mondays for those BIAMers who wanted to keep in touch and keep track of writing goals. I also find that when I post every Monday, I have a diary of my writing endeavors. And it's fun to look back to see what I was working on at any given date.

So what did I do with my extra hour yesterday? I cleaned house. Not only because it needed it, but because it's something I can control. Between sales dropping or maybe just leveling off (I hope) and receiving bad reviews (ugh!), this self-publishing venture sometimes gets overwhelming and I just want to toss it and walk away.

But of course, I can't. I'm a writer. That's who I am. I can't quit. The voices won't let me. And if I step back and regroup, I realize I'm living my dream. I can write my cute little stories and share them with readers and make a little dab of money on the side. I'm truly grateful for the success I've achieved. I just hope it continues.

Here are my writing goals for the week:

*  Finish Christmas story and tweak it
*  Send story to beta readers
*  Finish the cover
*  Write the blurb
*  Finish guest blog article and send it in
*  Work on getting Mother's Orphan Train story up

Let's have a productive week!!!

Happy Writing!!!

AM   :)

No comments: