Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fifty Thousand Ebooks Sold and Counting!!!

My Adventures in Self-Publishing

Well, it's happened at last!!! I hit the 50k mark last week and let me tell you, it feels great!!! Fifty thousand people actually bought my books. My books!!! My cute little stories!!! OMG!!! It's hard to imagine, hard to comprehend.

I read a couple of blog posts I'd written when I hit the one-thousand mark and the ten-thousand mark. I remember being so happy, so thrilled. And now I've sold over fifty-thousand ebooks. Who would have thought? Not me, certainly. It's beyond thrilling.

And the writerly moments just keep on happening. One of my finest writerly moments came when I received my first fan letter. Talk about thrilling!!! It came last April. The letter was from someone who'd actually been raised in the little town in the Texas Panhandle where I based my small town of Salt Fork in The Diamondback Ranch Series. Now what are the odds of that happening? Of all the readers out there, she had recognized some of the landmarks and wanted to know if Salt Fork was her hometown. Isn't that wild?

So many readers are wanting the next installment of that series of books. It's very gratifying and I'm busy writing them. Doesn't get much better than that.

I'm also having fun writing short stories. I'm writing my first Christmas story and it should be out soon. The Texas Two Steps are sexy little short stories of passion and romance. That's the tagline of the series. They're fun to write and I hope they're fun to read.

My October Obsession 2011 BIAM Writathon is coming to a close. This has been one of the most enthusiastic bunch of writers participating in a long time. Lots of writing and editing getting done.

Okay, I just wanted to share my good news. Fifty-thousand eBooks sold. Wow!!! And that doesn't count the 1500 books I've given away for free or the ones given to our military personnel in Operation Ebook Drop.

I've said it once and I'll say it again:  It's a great time to be a writer!!!

AM    :)

7 comments:

Skhye said...

OMG!!! YEAH!!!! Talk about a "treat" on Halloween. :)

Lynn LaFleur said...

50,000 ebooks is amazing! Congratulations and wishing you many thousands more.

Judy said...

You are my all-time hero, Anne Marie! I hope I do a third as well! When I finish edits/galleys for these next two traditionally-contracted books, I'm off to follow in your footsteps with my cozy mystery series...writing #5 of 6 for NaNoWriMo this year.

Congrats, congrats, congrats! You go girl!

AnneMarie Novark said...

Hehehe, Skhye!!!

AnneMarie Novark said...

Thanks, Lynn!!!

AnneMarie Novark said...

You'll do great, Judy!!!

Good luck with NaNo!!!

Lisa Mondello said...

This is fantastic news! Congratulations on your success! Here is to your selling many, many more!

Lisa Mondello
http://www.lisamondello.blogspot.com