Monday, May 09, 2011

BICHOK Forever!!!


Happy Monday!!! For me, Mondays start my writing week. Weekends I pretty much take off and enjoy family time. Monday-Friday is when I do the most writing and writing-related tasks. Although, I do sometimes sneak in "busy work" tasks on the weekends. Like last night, I finally uploaded HER RELUCTANT RANCHER to Scribd.

I didn't get everything done on my list last week, so some of it will carry over.

Here are my goals for this week:


*  Finish tweaking cybercafe story.

*  Find cover art for it.

*  Format my mother's sci-fi and start uploading/publishing.

*  Write five pages of new novella.

*  Start learning about Twitter and promoting.

*  Start working on HBA RWA workshop.

When I finish polishing the cybercafe story and get it formatted and the cover designed and work out the blurb and excerpt, in other words, make it ready to publish, I will be finished building the foundation of my self-publishing sales catalog. I've been working fast and furiously for a year getting my "backlist" up and live. After July, I will be starting a new adventure and writing new material, creating new product/frontlist. Then I will be living my dream of writing stories, publishing them, and sharing them with readers.

Happy Writing!!!


AM   :)

5 comments:

E. Ayers said...

Wow, AnneMarie! And I thought I had been busy this week.

I managed to drag myself through about 500 pages of edits. That's one novella and a longer novel. Plus I've been trying to promo my newest release A FINE LINE.

And just when you wonder if any of it is worthwhile then something happens that makes your heart sing. A friend called and told me to go look on Smashwords under Best Seller Romance. A FINE LINE is #1.

I'm dancing on the ceiling. I must come down long enough to finish reading a friend's book, and do a few things such as laundry and dishes. Did Ernest Hemingway do his own dishes?

I can't wait to get my edits out of the way and get back to writing new material. I have two heroines complaining that they want their own stories. Which one will get a hero first? LOL I don't know but it's so much fun playing matchmaker.

dragonfly said...

Hi Anne Marie!
You have been a busy bee.
I had a pretty exciting and exhausting week. I got Painted Lady on Amazon and Smashwords. It is still processing in B&N. I am having an anxiety attack over having it out there.
I went to the HWG conference and my entry won 2nd place with a cash prize. (Yay!) I met with a bunch of agents and got requests. Feeling sort of confused by that. Not sure what I want. I'm going to get the requested material together and throw it out there anyway. One agent I really like. I also read a JA Konrath article about marketing ebooks and he said to get more books on line, so I am working on Badlands too.
My goals for this week:
1. send the requests to agents and editors
2. get through the formatting for Badlands
3. add some words to my YA that I also pitched and got requests on...but when I got home I realized was far from ready to submit.

AnneMarie Novark said...

Hey E!!!

Congrats on hitting that #1 spot!!!

That is awesome!!!

Hope you have a productive week!!!

AnneMarie Novark said...

Hey June,

WTG on getting your book out there. It is scary, but that's why we write: to get our stories in front of readers.

Congrats on finaling in the contest and for the requests.

Before you sign a contract with an agent, please read Kristine Kathryn Rusch's blog about agents. It is a MUST read.

Talk about scary!!!

Have a great week!!!

Hywela Lyn said...

Hi Anne-Marieand congratulations to you, E Ayers and June for your achievements.

I'm sadly lacking in structure and still not finishing those revisions on my two WIPs. However, I have got my novella 'Dancing With Fate' republished at Smashwords after getting my rights back from the previous publisher, and joined the Festival of Romance Writers, completed my profile there, made contacts and purchased tickets for the Festival in October (weehay, a Festival for BRITISH Romance writers - and there are some American writers coming to it too! I'm also involved in a weekend event with our village chapel.

My goals for next week are to format Dancing with Fate to go out in print at Amazon and to make headway with those darned rivisions!