Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Spring is in the Air!!!


Here's a picture of the pear tree in our back yard. A few days ago it was white with blossoms, then we had brisk winds and they fell to the ground. It looked like snow under the tree.

I've been working in the yard with my dh, pulling weeds and mowing a little. We have an acre here in the middle of the city and it takes a lot of mowing and weeding to keep it in shape. Can't mow it all right now, because we have a "crop" of clover growing for the bees. Hubby's a beekeeper, you know. I'll be glad when I can mow the whole yard. *grin*

I'm trying to motivate myself to get in the mood for spring cleaning. The house sure needs it. But all I want to do is get my writing life "organized."

This indie publishing takes quite a bit of work, but I think when I get things in place, it will take off on its own. I'm signing up for a few forums to post about my book releases and learning to navigate them is a learning curve all in itself. I'm weeding out things that I don't use like MySpace. I'm rethinking Facebook, too.

I hit two big milestones yesterday:

* I've now sold over 2000 ebooks since August!!!

* I sold 1000 ebooks between Feb. 6 - March 6!!!

And I've sold 365 books the first week in March!!! So you see why I'm more motivated to get my writing life situated than I am to clean house. I want to get all my ducks in a row so I can get to writing more books and get them out there.

On another note: I asked for and received my reversion of rights from my small publisher for HER RELUCTANT RANCHER and CHASING THE MOONLIGHT. I have to wait sixty days before I can re-release them. I have to tweak them a little, reformat them, make new covers and upload them to Kindle, Nook and Smashwords.

Life is good . . .

Happy Writing!!!


Anne Marie   :)

No comments: