Tuesday, March 15, 2011

How to Take a Screen Shot

Techno Tips for the Techno-Challenged





Ha! I bet you thought I was going to show a screen shot of my book rankings, didn't you? Well, maybe later in the post. *grin*

Taking screen shots is a really cool way to capture the moment on your computer screen. Kind of like one of those old Kodak moments, only now it's a Cyber moment. 

And since I work on a Mac and I'm still a Techno-Klutz,  I'll give detailed instructions for Mac (since this is what I learned to do) and I'll provide links at the end for PC users.

Here's how to take screen shots on a Mac:

Entire Screen Shot:

1.  Press the Command and Shift keys down at the same time. Hold.

2.  Press the Number 3 key. 

3.  Release.

For example:



Partial Screen Shot:

1.  Press the Command and Shift keys down at the same time. Hold.

2.  Press the Number 4 key. Release.

3.  Using your mouse,  draw a rectangle around the desired portion of the screen.

4. Release.

On your desktop, you will see the screen shot saved as a Picture1.png file. If you want to rename it, go to file and save as and name it accordingly. You can also save it as a JPG file at this time.

For example:


Here are two links showing how to take screen shots on a PC:


Take-a-ScreenShot

So, there you have it. How to take screen shots in a nutshell. Have fun capturing those important Cyber Moments.

Happy Writing!!!

Anne Marie   :)





3 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing! This was great info :) I can't wait to try it!

AnneMarie Novark said...

Hope it helped, Melissa!!!

Rebecca J. Clark said...

THanks so much for this. I didn't even know this was possible.

:)Becky