Saturday, October 23, 2010
Book rankings are vitally important on Amazon. The higher your ranking, the more often people will see it listed in different searches. Of course, buying books is the best way to boost rankings, but there is another way to help boost your favorite authors' rankings. It's called "tagging" books, and it only takes a few seconds of your time.
Tags are descriptive words or phrases that describe the book. They are keywords that people type into search engines to find what they are looking for.
The more people adding tags to a book, the more often that book will appear close to the top of a keyword search. It's search engine optimization at its best. And Amazon utilizes this system to the advantage of authors and their books, making them more visible to potential readers. When increasing numbers of people hit a book with a particular tag, that book's visibility increases exponentially. Repeating tags raises the book's chances of showing high in those searches for those particular keywords. More is very much better in this case.
It is important to note that "Agree with these Tags?" does NOT tag a book. Each tag must be individually selected as outlined below.
Here's how to tag a book on Amazon:
1. Log in to your Amazon account.
2. Go to each book's Amazon page.
3. Scroll down to the orange title:
TAGS CUSTOMERS ASSOCIATE WITH THIS PRODUCT
4. Left click on the boxes next to each tag or the tags you prefer and an orange check mark will appear showing them to be tagged.
5. If you want to add different/additional tags, type them in the box under "Your Tags," separate each tag by a comma, then click "Add".
6. Ten tags are visible for each book. Click on "See all tags" and select and click on more for a total of 15 tags.
7. The orange check marks show that each keyword/tag is registered.
Another way to tag books on Amazon:
1. On the Amazon book page, double click the letter "t" on your keyboard.
2. A quick-tag box will pop up called "Tag This Product."
3. Click on the tags below the large box to highlight.
4. You can also click on the large box and add your own tags, separated by commas, for a total of 15 tags.
5. Be sure to click "Save Tags" to register your tags.
So, there you have it. Help support your favorite authors by tagging their books on Amazon. It helps to tag both the Kindle version and the Print version of each book. It only takes a few seconds, but the results can be tremendous!!!
Anne Marie :)
Saturday, October 02, 2010
Another release day!!! Another new book!!! The Doctor Wears A Stetson is live on Kindle and Smashwords and coming soon in paperback from Lulu!!! The Doctor Wears A Stetson is a Contemporary Western Romance set in the Texas Panhandle.
Here's the blurb:
Jessie Devine can rebuild an engine blindfolded, but when it comes to men, she's all thumbs. When it comes to Cameron McCade, it's even worse. He stole her heart in high school, then left town for good. Now he's back and sparks are flying. Can they take up where they left off? Can Jessie risk her heart again? Repairing cars is no problem, but taming Cameron's restless spirit is something else entirely.
And here's the excerpt:
The atmosphere sizzled in the small office. Jessie stood like a statue, her eyes opened wide. "Why did you come back?" Her raspy voice held a note of accusation.
Cameron also heard anguish in her words. Was he causing Jessie pain? When all he wanted was to hold her in his arms, take her to bed and make love to her until the passion between them was spent?
In two long strides, he was beside her. She backed against the file cabinet. He stepped closer.
"You know why I'm back. We need to finish what we started seventeen years ago." He touched a finger to her cheek, traced the smooth line of her jaw, eased his hand behind her neck and pulled her to him. Her trembling intensified and she put her hands on his chest as if to ward him off.
He caught her hands and moved them over his heart. "Feel my heartbeat, Jess. It's beating for you." He pressed his body against hers. "Feel how much I want you. I tried to stay away, but God help me, I couldn't."
His mouth claimed hers in fierce desire. Jessie moaned, holding back only for a second, knowing deep down resistance was hopeless.
She couldn't help it . . . she kissed him back.
Remember: Life's too short not to love a Texan!!!
Posted by Anne Marie Novark at 3:12 PM