Monday, July 26, 2010

BICHOK!!!


This past week, I've been frantically searching the Internet for verification of a fact in the book I'm about to self-publish. I wrote this book almost twenty years ago and did research the old-fashioned way:  I went to the library and spent hours poring through old books and encyclopedias, jotting down notes, etc.  Except I've found that looking back over my project notebook (oh yes, I still have the original project notebook with ideas, scribblings, character sketches and such), I didn't verify a lot of the resource books or annotate or keep track of what books I used for certain little known facts. My bad!!!

Let this be a lesson for everyone: Make a bibliography of resource/research material for each and every book you write. It will save you time and trouble in the long run.

Here are my writing goals for the week:

*  Finish the last tweaks of Regency manuscript.

*  Begin formatting for Kindle.

*  Tweak cover.

*  Prepare to publish!!!

I know these sound a lot like last week's goals, but I promise I worked many hours on the manuscript. I'm very close to starting the process of actually putting it up on Kindle!!!

I certainly can't be accused of slapping something together and publishing it.  I've been working on this since March.  Can you say SLOW!!!

Happy Writing!!!


AM   :)

No comments: