Monday, July 12, 2010

BICHOK!!!

Man, oh man!!!  Talk about the lazy days of summer . . .

I completely missed last week, but I have a good excuse!!!  I was up at the family farm in the Panhandle utterly isolated without Internet or TV.  It was heavenly.  I did take a couple of manuscripts to work on.  As you may know, my mom is a writer, too.  We had a "working" vacation, each reading the other's stuff, talking shop, watching movies, reading, discussing.  Again . . . heavenly.

Even though we were stranded in the house due to unprecedented rainfall and flooding, we kept busy and had fun.

Now, I'm home and I need to get back on the wagon.

Here are my writing goals for the week:

*  Redo the cover for Mother's book (again!).

*  Start implementing changes into the Regency manuscript.

*  Work on afterword for Regency story.

*  Work on Amazon Author Page.

*  Update blog sidebar (again!)

*  Start formatting for Kindle.

Lots to do!!!

I hope everyone is staying cool and getting some work done!!!

Happy Writing!!!

AM      :)

6 comments:

Debra St. John said...

Ah...I love those vacation where you can really get away and not worry about computers, tv, etc. etc.

My goal for the week is to edit my WIP (I 'finished' writing this weekend.) and send it off to a collegue who offered to look it over before I submit.

Have a great week.

AnneMarie Novark said...

Debra,

Hooray on finishing the WIP!!! Mega congrats!!! WooHoo!!!

Good luck on the editing!!!

Peake said...

I was on a stay-cation all last week, but was slacking on my writing even before then. Trying to get back into it. I have started meeting with a new crit group comprised of three dudes - a first for me. I believe the Man perspective will be very valuable.

AnneMarie Novark said...

All right, Ann!!!

Three dudes and a dudette!!! You might just have to share some of those invaluable insights with us!!!

Sherry Gloag said...

Sounds like a fabulous holiday. And your to-do list boggles the mind.
Do you automatically get an author page on amazon when you book is posted there? And why do you have to reformat your MS to suit kindle?
Hey AnneMarie, that sounds like my kind of crit group. I hope you have a lot of fun.
We have one guy in our online crit group and he comes up with some very insightful comments.

AnneMarie Novark said...

Hey Sherry,

No, you don't automatically get an author's page. You have to set one up. Google "Amazon Author Page" and you should get a link to enroll.

You have to reformat the Word document for the Kindle so it will be accepted by their system to be published. A regularly formatted manuscript has too much extraneous code and looks messy on ereaders.

You have to reformat for Lulu and/or CreateSpace, too.

I'm going to self-publish my next book, so I'm having to learn to do all of this myself.

I'm so jazzed!!!