Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Spotlight: Marie Tuhart


 Today, we have Romance Author Marie Tuhart visiting us at Just Write! Let's ask Marie a few questions . . .


~  What kind of stories/books do you write?

I write contemporary and paranormal erotic romances, and I also write series contemporary romance novels.

~  How long have you been writing?

Longer than I care to think about, I started writing when I was a teenager, took some time off while in college and working.


~   How long have you been writing and seriously pursuing publication?

For the last twelve years

~  How many manuscripts did you complete before you sold?

Ten


~  Please tell us about receiving “The Call.”


It was a Friday morning, and because I start my day job at 5:30 in the morning, I sat down to read my email before work.  I saw an email from The Wild Rose Press editor I had sent my full manuscript to.  I opened every email but that one, and then finally I opened it.  I was very excited to see she wanted to go to contract on my book.

~  To expand on your "Call Story"— What did you do when you got the call or read the email?  Scream?  Faint?
My first reaction was disbelief, then excitement.  I didn't scream or faint it was too early in the morning, I hadn't even had my coffee yet.  And everyone in my house was sleeping.

~  How did you feel when you found out you sold?

Excited and a bit nervous.

~  Who was the first person you told?

My critique partners, I sent them an email, after that my mother and then my sister.

~   How did you celebrate?

I went out to lunch with my critique partners.



In Plain Sight
by Marie Tuhart
The Wild Rose Press

Blurb:

Bad boy businessman Joe Bradshaw has achieved almost everything he’s wanted in life, but his strait-laced colleague Victoria Collins is proving an elusive challenge. A steamy encounter in the elevator begins a wild journey of sensual discovery. Joe’s determined to break through Vicki’s barriers to reveal the red-hot woman hiding inside. But Vicki is stalked by her past—her ex-fiancé will stop at nothing to get her back. Falling in love and keeping Vicki safe could be the biggest challenges of Joe’s life.


Excerpt:

     "You’re too dangerous.” The words slipped out before she was even aware of voicing them.

     His eyes widened, and another of those sexy devilish grins spread across his lips.  “I’m not dangerous.  I’m a teddy bear.”

     Victoria gave a snort of laughter.  He took another step into the room and suddenly her bedroom felt too small.  Now the man was invading her territory.  “Grizzly bear is more like it,” she muttered.

     “A man,” he said, taking two more steps.  “A man who wants to get to know you better.”

     “If we get to know each other any better, we’ll be arrested.”  Her gaze locked with his.  He stood less than a foot length from her.

     “I got things a little backwards last night.”

     “Backwards?”  That was an odd word to use.  She tilted her head to one side and stared at him.

     “Yep, backwards.”  His arm rose, and he caressed her cheek.  “Making love to you in the elevator was impulsive.”

     She opened her mouth.

     “But,” he continued before she could get a word out.  “I don’t regret one second of it.”

###


Please visit Marie's website at: www.marietuhart.com and join her newsletter/goodie list.  

Marie also posts to her blog every Monday at: www.escapetoaneroticfantasy.blogspot.com, please stop by.


###



Great interview, Marie!!!


AM   :)

13 comments:

Marie Tuhart said...

Thanks for having me today, Anne Marie. I'll check in as I can during the day since I have a day job. So feel free to make comments or ask questions, I'll answer.

Anonymous said...

Great interview, Marie. I'm so happy for your success. It couldn't happen to a nicer more deserving person. Best wishes for continuing success in writing and publishing.
Best,
Lauren aka Perky

Sloane Taylor said...

In Plain Sight is a wonderful book, Marie. The characters are alive and exciting. You're a fantastic story teller. Looking forward to many more of your books.

AnneMarie Novark said...

Good Morning, Marie!!!

Glad to have your here.

IN PLAIN SITE looks like a great story!!! I love the cover and the excerpt is awesome!!!

Marie Tuhart said...

Hey Lauren,

Thanks for stopping by. And thank you for the best wishes.

Marie Tuhart said...

Hi Sloane,

Thanks for the wonderful comments. Sloane is a great erotic romance writer too, sometimes she's too hot to handle :)

Debra St. John said...

Wow, Marie, you are an early bird!

I love that you saved the Wild Rose e-mail for last, kind of like savoring that last fine piece of dark chocolate in the box!

Marie Tuhart said...

Hi Debra,

Thanks for stopping by. Yes, I'm an early bird for the day job. I never thought about savoring the email like a piece of fine chocolate. I like that.

Anonymous said...

Marie, your hard work and dedication have certainly paid off. You are my inspiration. :)
And one my favorite writers.

Here's to many, many more books and many accomplishments that will come your way.

Isabel

Marie Tuhart said...

Hi Isabel,

Thank you for the wonderful comments.

Nia said...

Love your story, Marie, and adore your book, In Plain Sight. It's incredible and so are you. Looking forward to your next release!

Nia

AnneMarie Novark said...

I want to thank everyone for stopping by to visit with Marie.

Marie, thanks for being my guest. Great interview.

Good luck with IN PLAIN SIGHT!!!

Leigh D'Ansey said...

I also circled all around the 'call' email before opening it and I know others who've done the same. I'm not sure if it's saving the best till last or fear of rejection! Best of luck for future writing successes.