Monday, May 03, 2010

BICHOK!!!

.

Whew!  Monday morning's almost gone and here I am just posting BICHOK!!!  I wish I could say I've been busy typing away, but alas . . .  no.  Not yet.

I bought a new program for my Grand Experiment:  PhotoShop Elements 8.  Now, most of you know how techno-challenged I am.  But I try not to let this stop me from pursuing my goals in my writing life.  I push forward and learn the bare minimum to get by and move on.  So, I'm busy learning where to find free or cheap photos and how to manipulate them in PhotoShop to add titles and author names.  I'm making book covers!!!  It's all part of thesecretproject. *grins*

Only it's not really a secret.  Okay, I'll let the cat out of the bag . . .

I'm trying my hand at *gasp* self-publishing or going independent.  I feel like it's closer to going renegade.  I won't go into my reasons and such.  And I'm not making any excuses.  It's something I want to do and now, it's become a personal challenge to see if I can do it.  Anyway, it's a whole new ballgame and I'm having a blast!!! 

Here are my writing goals for the week:

*   Finish formatting manuscript.

Start unformatting a copy for epub.  (You wouldn't believe the difference in print and epub formatting.)

*  Backup hard drive.

*  Continue learning PhotoShop and hunting for cover photos.

*  Update blog.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!!

Happy Writing!!!

AM   :)

7 comments:

Ann Peake said...

Been a while since I checked in, but have been busy with my 100 words for 100 days goal. I'm on day 33 and have over 12,000 words. I am happy about that. Also had a plotting meeting and figured out where I needed to go next. Help me avoid scattering!

AnneMarie Novark said...

Hey Ann!!!

So glad you checked in!!! WooHoo!!! on writing for 33 days. And 12K words is AWESOME!!! Keep it up!!!

Debra St. John said...

Hi AnneMarie,

Good luck with your new venture. I had a friend who went the self-pub route and learned a ton of stuff along the way. Her book turned out terrific as well!

AnneMarie Novark said...

Thanks, Debra!!!

Looking forward to your guest blog spot here tomorrow!!!

Marie Tuhart said...

Hi Anne Marie,

Good for you in trying something new. If you figure it out, write a simple manual for those of us who can't (ME).

I did good last week outlined the new WIP.

Not sure what I'm going to do this week, day job is giving me fits.

AnneMarie Novark said...

It's TGIF!!! Time to check in!!!

I've had a busy week, but I don't think I can check off much on this week's list.

I finished formatting my mother's book for Lulu and worked on her cover. Just have to wait for her to get back from West Texas so she can oversee production.

I worked on updating my blog and will probably finish today.

Rescued 5 old manuscripts that I nearly lost!!! See Friday's blog post.

Searched for photos for some more book covers.

That about does it!!!

Everyone have a great weekend!!!

AM :)

AnneMarie Novark said...

Marie,

Hope you survived the week. Hugs on the day job giving you fits!!!