Friday, March 12, 2010

TGIF: Check In!!!

.

Where does the week go?  Time is just flying, isn't it???

I didn't get all of my goals met, but I've had some family crises to deal with and I've been lucky to just keep up with my online class.

I started rereading one of my books on craft:  Writing the Novel from Plot to Print by Lawrence Block.  It's about first novels, but it has some good stuff in there.  I was actually reaching for another book, when my hands found this one.  I said to myself:  "What the heck?"

The first line of Chapter One cracked me up:  "If you want to write fiction, the best thing you can do is take two aspirins, lie down in a dark room, and wait for the feeling to pass."

It still makes me chuckle.  

I've decided to reread my writing books.  Now that I've written several novels, I think I'm in a better position to understand more and perhaps, there will be a few "aha" moments for me.  I sure need something to light a fire under me.

Happy Writing!!!

AM   :)

1 comment:

Judy said...

Well, I didn't get anything done except edits on "The Showboat Affair"--no blue diamond, no secret project--although today I did write a short story suggested to me by my crit partner to submit to a chapbook thing.Also a dental appt. which ended up with a fiasco that means I will NOT be going to the TWRP retreat in April--rather, I'll be putting my money where my mouth is! Le grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!