Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spotlight: Tiffany Green

.
Today, we have Romance Author Tiffany Green visiting us at Just Write!   Let's ask Tiffany some questions . . .

~  What kind of stories/books do you write?
I write historical romantic-suspense. My favorite era is Regency and I am focused on that time period right now. In fact, I am working on a seven-book series based in Regency England, so I’ll be there for a while. Innocence Lost is book one.

~  How long have you been writing?
I have been writing about ten years now. However, I have been making up stories since I could remember (much to my parents’ consternation when I was young.)

~   How long have you been writing and seriously pursuing publication?
The same.  About ten years.

~  How many manuscripts did you complete before you sold?
I started out writing a contemporary, but it was terrible. When I read Whitney, My Love by Judith McNaught, I knew the Regency historical was what I really wanted to write. So I wrote Innocence Lost and it sold. I learned that you must write where your heart is.

~  Please tell us about receiving “The Call.”
It was more like “The Email.”  I was at a Romance Writers of America (RWA) conference and heard that The Wild Rose Press was meeting in a certain location in the hotel. Well my friend and I decided to crash the party. We went and met some of the editors who were there. They asked what we wrote and we told them. After buying us a glass of wine, they asked us to submit our manuscripts. Of course, as soon as I got home, I did just that. I got “the email” less than two weeks later.

~  To expand on your "Call Story"— What did you do when you got the call or read the email?  Scream?  Faint?
I actually raced through the house yelling, “I did it!  I did it!” Then my husband took me out for a three pound prime rib steak and lots of champagne.

~  How did you feel when you found out you sold?
Sort of tingly all over and light as air. It was kind of like how you would feel if you won the lottery.

~  Who was the first person you told?
My husband, John. Then my dear friend, Fleeta Cunningham.  Then the whole world.

~   How did you celebrate?
Afore mentioned steak dinner.  Huge steak.  Lots of champagne.

~ Where can readers reach you?
My website is www.tiffanygreen.net.
I am also on Facebook.



INNOCENCE LOST
by Tiffany Green
Available NOW
The Wild Rose Press


ABOUT INNOCENCE LOST…


From her first glimpse of his portrait, Lady Megan is smitten.  Unfortunately, the handsome face belongs to her brother’s enemy—the Duke of Claremont, Nicholas Bradshaw.  Nicholas learns a little too late that the beautiful girl he met at the stream is not at all who he thinks.  And now, he must keep her safe from the enemy lurking close to home.  When the kidnapper does strike, it takes the assistance of Nicholas, his former foe, and a pirate captain to save Megan.  But will it be enough?


A GLIMPSE INTO INNOCENCE LOST…

“My lady, come quick.”

Megan frowned at the closed door. She set aside her volume of Catullus’s poetry and rose from the chair in her sitting room. Calmly, she opened the door. If it was another man threatening suicide because she hadn’t agreed to marry him…

Julian’s furious voice rang through the house. She gasped and ran down the stairs.

Wentworth bowed and opened the drawing room door, as if he’d been expecting her.

Her heart took a crazy leap at the sight of him standing there. Nicholas. She glanced at her brother and grew worried. The two stood face to face with their fists balled and ready to strike.

As Julian moved forward, she flew between them. Her blood pounded hard in her ears. She stood so close to Nicholas, she could feel the heat of his body. She yearned to step into his arms. Had he come to see her? “What are you doing?” she demanded, looking from one wrathful face to the other.

“Leave, Claremont, now,” her brother said.

“Not until I have some answers concerning this.” Nicholas threw a crumpled newspaper down. “Damn you, Julian, you had no right.” Then his gaze shifted to her. Her heart surged up in her throat. He looked flushed with anguish. “How could you do this, Meg? Why didn’t you choose me?” His voice grew hoarse, full of pain. Then he went still. “Or did you choose me and your brother did not honor our agreement?” He jerked his head up and nailed Julian with a glare.

Confusion boiled within her. “What agreement?”

A muscle ticked in Nicholas’s cheek as he kept his eyes on her brother. “Tell her,” he demanded.

She turned to her brother and caught the unease in his eyes. “Julian?”

He heaved a sigh. “Moppet—”

“Don’t you dare call me that, Julian!” She poked a finger into his chest. “Tell me everything. Now!”

With a sigh, he nodded at Nicholas. “He was not to see or speak to you until you selected a husband. And I would not oppose your decision.”

She kept her eyes locked on her brother. “Even if I had named Nicholas?”

“Yes,” he said.

She wanted to kill Julian.

“Your brother also insisted that you were to know nothing of this agreement,” Nicholas added.

A sick knot of despair rose up from the depths of her stomach. She started to tremble. Her hands fell limply to her sides. “Are you telling me,” She turned to Nicholas, “that the only reason you’ve been ignoring me is because of a pact you made with Julian?”

His brows were drawn and his eyes filled with pain. He lifted his hand to touch her but halted and lowered his arm.

“Yes, love.”

Her eyes prickled as she turned to her brother. “I cannot believe you did this.”

“Megan, I did it for you—”

“No, Julian. You did it for you.” Oh, God, she had been so wrong about everything. Nicholas. Her brother. Everything. She trembled in earnest now.

Nicholas moved closer. He reached out as if to steady her, but didn’t touch her. “Are you all right, Megan?”

She glanced up, her vision swimming. “You were trying to find a way for us to marry?”

“Yes, my little nymph.”

 A tear skidded down her cheek. “I-I can’t. I’m betrothed to another.”

###

Thanks for a great interview, Tiffany!!!

AM   :)

30 comments:

Kathy Otten said...

Wow, I love your excerpt. Left me hanging. Congratulations on your success and I wish you lots more. Love the story of how you crashed TWRP party.

Tiffany Green said...

Thank you Anne Marie, for having me today!

Tiffany Green said...

Thanks, Kathy. I love to try and keep readers wanting more. And crashing the party was such fun!

DawnB said...

Great interview, Tiffany. Your book sounds so good. Wonderful excerpt.

Marianne Evans said...

Love the excerpt! The "officially unofficial" TWRP get together in DC was fun, wasn't it?? :-) Great pitch job, and what a thrilling e-mail to receive. Those are the BEST! Congrats - and much success!

Roni said...

So glad you stopped by to visit TWRP at the RWA meet and greet, Tiffany. Congratulations on your release and all the rest of your writing.

Rhonda

Debra St. John said...

Very fun, Tiffany. The first person I told when I got "the e-mail" from TWRP was my husband, John, too! (Although I didn't get to crash their party on Conference!)

Marie Tuhart said...

Wonderful interview, Tiffany. I love the excerpt, so I'm putting this on my buy list. Crashing TWRP party, WTG, it worked out for the best.

Wishing you lots of success.

Tiffany Green said...

Thank you, Dawn! I'm so glad you like the excerpt.

Tiffany Green said...

Thank you, Marianne! I do love those TWRP get togethers and am looking forward to Nashville. Hope to see you there!

Tiffany Green said...

I appreciate that, Rhonda! I look forward to future meet and greets at RWA. Hope to see you there.

Tiffany Green said...

Hey Debra, I never had such fun crashing a party!

Tiffany Green said...

Thank you, Marie! I hope you enjoy Innocence Lost. Much success to you as well.

Sherry James said...

I love Whitney My Love, too, Tiffany. I also love Once and Always by her. Judith is such a great writer.

What a cool path-to-publication story! I love it. Here's to many more such celebrations!

Tiffany Green said...

Thank you so much, Sherry! I am excited about Innocence Lost and the other six books in the series. Book 2, Innocence Avenged, should have a release date soon. Best wishes to you as well.

Margaret Tanner said...

Wow Tiffany,
What an excerpt, I really loved it.
Nicholas sounds just the kind of man I like.
Nice call story too.

Tiffany Green said...

Thanks, Margaret! Nicholas is a true hero, although he does have his faults. He was such a great character to write. Megan, too. I hope you enjoy Innocence Lost.

Anna Kathryn Lanier said...

Great excerpt. Now that I got a Nook for my birthday, I'll have to buy it...no excuses now..lol.

Happy sales!

Tiffany Green said...

That would be great, Anna Kathryn! Thank you. I hope you enjoy Innocence Lost.

Elizabeth Pina said...

Isn't it great to receive the EMAIL??

I loved what you said, "I started out writing a contemporary, but it was terrible."

I think most of us can celebrate 'terrible' first novels but this is what happens when you refuse to give up.

Great interview, Tiffany. Excuse me a minute while I wave to Anne Marie!

Tiffany Green said...

It was great receiving "The Email!" Thanks, Elizabeth.

Laura Landon said...

Great interview, Tiffany! And what an awesome excerpt!! I can't wait to read Innocence Lost!
Laura Landon

Drue Allen said...

Beautiful cover, Tiffany.
Congratulations on your sale! I know exactly what you mean about that "email." It's such an exciting time in a writer's life. Thanks for the "glimpse inside." I think it will encourage many writers.

AnneMarie Novark said...

Tiffany,

I love the title and the excerpt is great!!! The cover is beautiful and romantic.

I love how you already have the future books named and continuing the Innocence theme.

Here's to many sales!!!

Thanks for being my guest!!!

AnneMarie Novark said...

Wow!!! Thanks so much to everyone who stopped by to visit Tiffany!!! It made the day so much fun!!!

And thanks Tiffany for a great interview!!! Good luck with the series!!!

Tiffany Green said...

Thank you, Laura! I hope you enjoy Innocence Lost. I'm looking forward to working with you!

Tiffany Green said...

I appreciate that, Drue. Thank you so much for stopping by!

Tiffany Green said...

Thank you, Anne Marie! You have been a most gracious hostess. I had such a wonderful time. Take care, dear friend, and good luck with your books.

Nikki said...

Congrats Tiffany! I LOVE a good Regency and I'm looking forward to reading yours!

Ann Stephens said...

Congratulations Tiffany! I loved your excerpt and can't wait to read INNOCENCE LOST.