Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spotlight: Lynne Roberts


Today, we have Erotic Romance Author Lynne Roberts visiting us at Just Write!  Let's ask Lynne a few questions . . .


~  What kind of stories/books do you write?
I write paranormal, fantasy, and romance, but, so far, only my erotic romance has sold.


~  How long have you been writing?
 I’ve been writing for six years now.


~   How long have you been writing and seriously pursuing publication?
I submitted my first query about five years ago—I didn’t know what I was doing, but I learned. After that I took some time off to edit another writer’s work. I started writing, again, about 2 years ago.


~  How many manuscripts did you complete before you sold?
 I’d completed three full length manuscripts and three shorts when I contracted two shorts to The Wilder Rose Press.


~  Please tell us about receiving “The Call.”
It was actually an email. : ) The Acquisitions editor had sent me an email stating that she liked the story but wasn’t offering a contract. She suggested some changes and asked me to resubmit. I did. A few weeks after that, I received an email stating I’d nailed the changes and a contract was on its way.

~  To expand on your "Call Story"— What did you do when you got the call or read the email?  Scream?  Faint?
I actually grew very quiet. Speechless. After so many years, I was going to see my name on a published book. It was a bit surreal.


~  How did you feel when you found out you sold?
 Almost relieved. I’d worked so hard, for so long, it was like a weight off my shoulders that a publisher would want my work.


~  Who was the first person you told?
My oldest daughter. At the time, my significant other lived overseas and it was in the middle of the night there.


~   How did you celebrate?
Oh, I’d always thought I’d open a bottle of champagne when I sold my first story, but I didn’t. I sat down and buried myself in edits.

###

AFTER HOURS
by Lynne Roberts
The Wild Rose Press

Here’s a blurb:
Elle Simpson doesn’t deny that the new intern is sexy as hell but he’s also ten years her junior--and she doesn’t date men from the office. Of course, dating isn’t what comes to mind when David Nelson enters a room. When Elle’s boss assigns her to work an important account, she’s thrilled—until David volunteers to help. Working one on one with her desirable new assistant is bound to test the limits of her restraint.

Everything about Elle, from her professional savvy to her hot body, turns David on, but first he has to unravel her mixed signals. After a few late nights alone with Elle in the office, David is at the end of his tether. It was hard enough during the day; keeping his hands off her after hours is proving impossible.


###

You can reach Lynne at www.lynneroberts.net.

Thanks for a great interview, Lynne!!!

AM   :) 

4 comments:

Marie Tuhart said...

Great interview, Lynne. I'm looking forward to reading After Hours its in my ebook reader.

Margaret Tanner said...

Great interview Lynne. After Hours sounds like a great read.Love your call story.

Mary Ricksen said...

Boy can I relate!
Looking forward to reading After Hours!!

Rebecca J. Clark said...

Hi Lynne!
I can't wait to read After Hours. It's been on my computer's harddrive since it came out. I'm FINALLY going to buy an ereader this weekend. Yours will be the first book I load onto it. Hope I can figure it out.

:)Becky