Friday, February 05, 2010

Release Day!!!


ChasingLightCover1-copy-1



It's release day for my second novel, Chasing the Moonlight!!!  Time to party!!!  WooHoo!!!  I'll be giving away one digital copy and one autographed copy to two lucky people who leave comments here before 11 pm CST tonight!!!



Step right up, because I'm passing out party hats and tootie horns!!!  A little bit of the bubbly, too!!!  Come on and help me celebrate!!!





Here's the blurb for Chasing the Moonlight:


Bad boy Mitch Defalco roars into Stone Creek, Texas, on the back of a Harley with his newly discovered daughter riding behind him. Single mom Sarah Cooper cannot believe he’s moved next door. Mitch dated her older sister back in high school, and Sarah had a secret crush on him.

As Mitch struggles with his new role of fatherhood, Sarah admires how he’s turned his life around. She asks him to help her with a problem: her fear of men. Mitch knows he’s bad news for sexy Sarah, but how can he refuse her dangerous request, when she’s determined to move forward, with or without his help?
 
And here's an excerpt:

Mitch rolled down the window, turned his body toward Sarah and leaned against the door.  “Might as well make ourselves comfortable.”

Sarah followed suit and they faced each other in the small confines of the car.  The scent of his spicy aftershave wafted over to her side and she inhaled deeply.

He crossed his arms against his chest, his biceps straining against the sleeves of his Western-cut, button-down shirt.  He’d dressed for their “date,” although he wore the standard jeans and cowboy boots.  And as usual, his five o’clock shadow darkened his cheeks and chin; only it was more pronounced this late in the evening.

He looked dangerous and sexy sitting there.  Sarah wished with all her heart she didn’t have the issues she’d been dealing with for the past decade or more.  She wished she could just enjoy being with Mitch and let nature take its course.  She wished he’d take her in his arms again, kiss her like he had… Was it only last night? 

It felt like a lifetime ago.

“Are you going to tell me what’s bothering you, Sarah?”

Did she have to?  Couldn’t he just kiss away her fears?  She wished he could, but knew better.  “I don’t know where to start.”

“The beginning is usually best.”

***
In Chasing the Moonlight, we return to the small town of Stone Creek, up in the Texas Panhandle where the land is rugged and so are the men.  We get to visit with Beth, Trevor and Maggie again from Her Reluctant Rancher, which was fun to write and is fun to read.

OMG!!!  This second release is just about as thrilling as the first!!!  THIS is what makes the blood, sweat and tears of writing all worth while!!!

Don't forget to leave a comment for a chance to win a copy of Chasing the Moonlight!!!

If you would like to buy a copy, please visit The Wild Rose Press.

Thanks for helping me celebrate!!!

AM   :)

19 comments:

Marie Tuhart said...

Congrats, Anne Marie. As soon as I get home from work I'm off to buy the book. I loved the blurb thinking this is going to be a fun book to read.

Caroline Clemmons said...

Anne Marie,
You've hit on two of my favorite things in books--Texas as a setting and seemingly bad boys heroes who are really good inside. Sounds like a winner!

Amy Burgess said...

Congratulations, Anne Marie!! I enjoyed the excerpt, and it sounds really good!

Judy said...

Sounds like a great read, Anne Marie. PS May I have a pink party hat, please? :)

AnneMarie Novark said...

Thanks, Marie. I hope you enjoy it!!!

AnneMarie Novark said...

Caroline,

Texas is of course, my favorite place in the whole wide world. And I've always had a soft spot for a bad boy.

Thanks for stopping by.

AnneMarie Novark said...

Amy!!!

Glad you liked the excerpt.

I'm so happy you came to the party!!!

AnneMarie Novark said...

LOL, Judy. You crack me up!!!

Let me dig around here and find--yes, here you go--one hot pink party hat!!! WooHoo!!!

Anna Kathryn Lanier said...

Huge congrats on the release, Anne Marie! I loved Her Reclutant Rancher and can't wait to read this one....it's, um, as 'sweet' as the last, isn't it?

Elizabeth Pina said...

Way to go! That is awesome.

Huge congratulations and see you tomorrow!

Mariposa Cruz said...

Cheers from the Silver State! Love the cover.

Rebecca J. Clark said...

What a gorgeous cover and great blurb. As soon as I get my ereader, I'll be buying this. :)

Congrats on the release day. All that hard work has paid off.

:)Becky

AnneMarie Novark said...

LOL, Anna.

Yes, Chasing the Moonlight is just as "sweet" as Her Reluctant Rancher.

Maybe even sweeter. *winks*

Thanks for stopping by.

AnneMarie Novark said...

Thanks, Elizabeth.

Looking forward to our book signing today. We always have so much fun!!!

AnneMarie Novark said...

Thanks, Mariposa.

I love the cover, too.

Thanks for celebrating with me!!!

AnneMarie Novark said...

Thanks, Becky!!!

See you here on Wednesday as my guest blogger!!!

Linda Barrett said...

Cheers and congrats all the way from West Houston! The story sounds terrific and I hope your sales hit the sky.

AnneMarie Novark said...

Thanks, Linda!!!

AnneMarie Novark said...

And the winners are:

Amy Burgess wins the autographed copy of CHASING THE MOONLIGHT!!!

And Marie Tuhart wins the digital copy. WooHoo!!!

Congratulations!!! I hope you both enjoy reading it!!!

Thanks for helping me celebrate my release day!!!