Friday, January 22, 2010

TGIF: Check In!!!


It's Friday!!!  Time to check in and see how we faired . . .

These were the goals I set on Monday: 

*  Set up document for a new manuscript entitled:  THE VISCOUNT'S SURPRISE.

*  Start the opening scene of ms.

*  Finish a guest blog interview and send it back.

*  Keep ahead of the online class I'm teaching.

*  Go to my RWA Chapter meeting.

I'm happy to say that I accomplished them all!!!  WooHoo!!!  A good week, all in all!!!

And I have good news!!!

I had a request for the full manuscript of the Regency novella, and I SENT IT IN!!!

Now the wait begins . . .

How did you do on your writing goals this week?

Have a good weekend and Happy Writing!!!

AM   :)

6 comments:

Judy said...

CONGRATS ON REQUEST FOR MS!

(1) Got chapters written
(2) Got person met with, read her ms, will meet again after I've made some notes...
(3) NO magazine submission, alas
(4) Got sidetracked on getting stuff together for another project...

<----pounding head on keyboard and vowing to do better next week

Anne Marie Novark said...

Judy,

Good job getting most of your goals met.

This week was incredibly lucky/productive for me. I don't have many weeks like this one, so I must celebrate when they happen.

Good luck next week!!!

Ann Peake said...

I was banging away diligently on a working synopsis, hoping to get the story settled in my mind. I learned a lot, most especially about my characters. Although I did not finished the synopsis, I outlined to the end. My lovely crit partners agreed that it was okay to change my goal from finishing the synopsis to returning to actual story writing. I pledged a prologue and chapter by this past Thursday and I made that goal. Going forward my goal (for now at least) is a chapter ever two weeks. Off to work on chapter 2

Anne Marie Novark said...

WooHoo!!! Ann!!!

Keep banging away!!! Good luck writing a chapter every two weeks. Sounds like a very doable goal!!!

And congrats on getting the story outlined to the end. That's MAJOR!!!

Ann Peake said...

On and off the computer all day long. 12 double spaced Times New Roman pages, and not too bad for first draft stuff. Figure that to be slightly more the 1/3 of the chapter, so while I have lots more to go, feeling pretty gratified with my progress. And while I'm here, I'll admit that it took some work. There were plenty of times I wanted to get up, grab book, and sit outside basking in the sunlight. Suffering for one's art takes commitment.

Anne Marie Novark said...

WTG, Ann!!!

"Suffering for one's art takes commitment."

This would make a great bumper sticker!!!

You did good, girl!!!