Wednesday, December 23, 2009

'Tis the Season


Ah, the holidays.  So much to do; so little time . . .

I don't know about other writers, but I get stressed with all the festivities and preparations that go along with the season.  And I get more than a little frustrated with everything interfering with my writing time.  Yes, I know I should hold my writing sacred and all of that.  But life DOES get in the way, especially this time of year.

So, I've resigned myself to let my real writing go this year until after New Year's Day.  Then I'll be setting goals and making resolutions, and I hope this blog will help me keep on track throughout the year.

But this doesn't mean my writer's brain will be in hibernation over the holidays.  Oh no.  I'm going to be observing friends and family at parties and watching everyone interact.  Even the best of families have their troubles.  As a result, there's mucho fodder for story conflicts, characters, GMCs, etc.

And I plan to make the most of it.  I won't do any actual writing, but I'll be stuffing my writer's brain to the brim with great story material.  Come January, I'll be chomping at the bit to get back to the writing.

Happy Holidays!!!

AM   :)

4 comments:

Emma Lai said...

Life is a great source of material, AM!

You know you're a writer when you have to resolve to not write through the holidays. :)

CJ Parker said...

I know what you mean about time and commitments this time of year. I'm up to my neck in Christmas cooking. I'm trying to keep the planning going on EPICon 2010 (I'm the chair person), plus my hubby has come down with the flu. I told him to get the shot, dang him!

Ah, well, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I hope we both dig into our WIP or new projects and every word flows without pause.

Anne Marie Novark said...

Emma,

LOL. I know I'm a writer. Otherwise, I wouldn't have untold manuscripts languishing about.

And yes, I do plan on revamping most of them and submitting.

Just need to get off my butt and do it!!!

Anne Marie Novark said...

Charlotte,

Good luck with the Christmas cooking and EPICon!!!

And thanks for the WIP "blessing."

AM :)