Monday, December 14, 2009

BICHOK!!!




The idea behind this blog is to Just Write!  Getting into the daily habit of writing is important if you want to produce new copy and new marketable work.  And that's what writers do; we write and create marketable products.

But the holidays wreak havoc on BICHOK (butt in chair; hands on keyboard).  And unless you are under deadline, there really is no reason to stress out over not writing and producing in these last couple of weeks as the year comes to an end.

Family and making memories, baking, cooking, shopping, decorating, parties and friends--these are important, too.  Very important.

Achieving balance in a writer's life is difficult and during the holidays even more so.   Don't stress out right now if you're not keeping up with your writing as well as you think you should.

Living real life is important for your writing life.  It fills the well, rejuvenates and revitalizes your work.  So enjoy the holidays!!!

Come January and the New Year, we will be refreshed and more than ready for BICHOK!!!

Okay, so my goals for this week:

*  Continue working on online class lessons.

*  Read comments on my newly returned manuscript from my other beta reader.

*  Work on guest blogger schedule for coming year.

Speaking of enjoying the holidays . . .



 
 


My daughter and I decorated the Christmas tree and had a mega bakathon over the weekend.  We baked dozens of cinnamon rolls and piggie-in-the-blankets and fried up a batch of glazed donut holes.  Mmmm . . . good!!!

Happy Writing!!!  Happy Holidays!!!

AM    :)

19 comments:

Judy said...

Okay--you're forcing my hand here! LOL

This week:
(1) Take notes on book read for research, esp.since it's due back soon
(2) Continue revising the "Miss Fanny" book
(3) Check on a submission to a magazine that I haven't heard from
(4) Make a few changes per crit partner's suggestions yesterday to "Keeping Promises", the NaNo novel

Your goodies look good indeed! I must make two batches of chickenfeed this week. To that end, I have 3 lbs. of bacon end pieces cooking slowly in the oven, hopefully producing enough bacon grease for same.

BICHOK FOREVER! (Or, when possible.)

Anne Marie Novark said...

LOL, Judy!!!

Well, you know this is what the blog is all about--urging writers to write.

BICHOK Forever!!!

I love it!!!

All right, I have to ask: Is this chicken feed for real chickens?

Skhye said...

Heck, I thought BICHOK was Polish for female dog in heat... ;) Remember, you kept asking if I was Polish! With my cp, it's always jokes about the word being French. You know, we sure wasted a lot of valuable writing time cracking linguistic jokes! See, you helped me see through insanity. This blog rocks!

Okay, I'm going to try to start revising a novel to submit next week. Yes, it's a final read. And it's Christmas week next week. But goals are good. Right...

NOw, no more baking. And don't forget to design your "BICHOK FOREVER!" bumper sticker. Just don't waste valuable writing time... (I know. You're like go away, Skhye.)

Huge prize: a cache of Time Guardian treasure. To enter, join me at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/skhyemoncrief/.

Anne Marie Novark said...

Goals are good, Skhye!!!

Whatever you get revised, that will get you closer to submission, closer to a new product to market!!!

Glad to help you see through the insanity.

BICHOK Forever!!!

Marie Tuhart said...

I want those Cinnamon rolls :)

My goal this week is to do it first, that means writing when I first get up in the morning, I need to write 1,750 words a day to make my self imposed deadline of having the draft of this book done.

Marie
www.marietuhart.com

Anne Marie Novark said...

Good luck, Marie!!!

Self-imposed deadlines are good motivation.

You can do it!!!

Mary Ricksen said...

I have to get cookie making very soon. I need a bunch by Saturday!

Anne Marie Novark said...

Mmmm . . .

Cookies . . .

Happy Baking, Mary!!!

tsueversteeg said...

Wow, I think I shocked myself when I licked the monitor ;)

My goals are many during this season, but first and foremost is to my family, then comes editing my current wip.

BICHOK so much that my 'b' is shaped like the 'c',
T. Sue VerSteeg

Anne Marie Novark said...

LOL, T Sue!!!

And welcome to Just Write!

Good luck on the editing, and enjoy the season!!!

Emma Lai said...

Love the title of the post! Goals for this week are:

1) Bake banana nut bread for book signing on Saturday
2) Buy wrapping paper for book signing on Saturday
3) Finish polishing first chapter of contemporary romance...if possible polish second and third chapters as well.

Anne Marie Novark said...

WooHoo, Emma!!!

Good luck on all of your goals, especially the banana bread since I'll be seeing you on Saturday. VBG.

Lynne Roberts said...

Oh, you're a tease! I haven't had homemade donut holes in forever! What happened to the donuts? ; )

Goals for this week:

1- 3000K on my WIP (I'm trying to be realistic)

2- Finish Christmas cookies

3-Write four blog posts

4-Get caught up on my critiques.

5-Christmas shopping

6-Get house Christmas ready

7-A score of smaller things you'd thank me for not listing. : )

And my youngest just came home sick from school.

It's going to be an interesting week.

Anne Marie Novark said...

Wow, Lynne!!! That's one ambitious list you have there. Good luck!!!

About the donuts . . .

I just make the holes with a small round cutter. There are no donuts. It's easier for me that way and less calories (she said, tongue in cheek).

Anne Marie Novark said...

Tuesday: Read comments on manuscript and worked on one workshop lesson.

Emma Lai said...

Sent my first chapter off to CPs. I'm in desperate need of feedback. The problem with letting a ms sit too long. You start second guessing yourself.

Anne Marie Novark said...

Wednesday:

Worked on the Guest Blogger Lineup on the sidebar on my blog.

Helped my mom with her first blog post. VBG.

Anne Marie Novark said...

Emma,

I hate second guessing myself. When I start doing that, it's definitely time to send it out to readers or just submit the thing and move on to a new project.

Anne Marie Novark said...

Thursday:

Began inputting the changes into the manuscript.

Not much, but better than nothing.